Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Learn Scuba Diving

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]
learn scuba diving
I'm not good at swimming at all but can I do/learn scuba diving?

I duno how to swim (not so good, cant swim a pool length)
but just wonder can I still learn to scuba dive? (To go to scuba dive lesson)
I am not going to professional diving classess for a certificate. I am only going to Great Barrier Reef and would love to spend a day dive to the reef.

That just a beginer diving class with 2 half hour sessions.


Keep one thing in mind...
ALL of the scuba equipment you will have on your body is life support equipment!

Even though you will only scuba dive a few times, getting certified is still critical! I have been diving with newly certified folks and cannot believe the trouble they get themselves into. Even these newly certified divers need assistance during (and after) their dives.

I went diving 2 weeks ago and had to help another diver (he was certified). His tank was not secured properly, and fell off at 50 feet underwater! Imagine, you're nearly at your depth and you feel a tug on your regulator... Something wants to pull that thing out of your mouth!

This guy was assigned to be my dive buddy, so I kept an eye on him. I saw him struggling, so I went over to see what he needed. He pointed to his back and shrugged. He was saying, "Something's wrong back there, and I don't know what it is." I turned him around, and saw that his tank had slipped out of the straps and was being drug behind him. On land, this would be a simple thing to fix. I am an experienced diver, so it wasn't too difficult underwater. After a "quickie" course on scuba, could you?

This is just the kind of thing that you need to be able to handle on your own! I am confident that I could strip off my gear, at depth, adjust straps, hoses, buckles, velcro, and put it all back on. One of my dive buddies and I use some of our dives to practice these techniques.

This was just ONE of the many scenarios that I have practiced for, and have actually needed underwater! Even after you have your certification in hand, STAY CLOSE TO THE DIVEMASTER! Sorry for the shouting...

So, before you go on your trip...
a. Learn to swim
b. Get certified in scuba
c. Pay DAN for more insurance

Think of it this way... If you were going to drive a fully loaded 18 wheeler across the state, (just once, of course) would you rely on the Burt Reynolds movie, "Smokey and the Bandit" for your training?


Learn English 57 - Scuba Diving









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]learn scuba diving[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="10"]learn scuba diving[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="10"]learn scuba diving[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment