Advice please? Considering moving to Guam?
My best friend's family is Chamorro, and after graduating from high school this year we are considering moving to Guam for a while, maybe for a year or two. We do plan to visit first, and not jump right in.
We both speak fluent Japanese and English, and I'm studying Spanish, so I was wondering what our chances would be of getting jobs there even though we would be right out of school. I have some experience as a language teacher/tour organizer.
I'm not sure what we would do about housing, but I hear that it's pretty expensive.
We do know some people there including some of her relatives, which I suppose will make some difference.
What should we expect/prepare for?
Also, not something I'm terribly worried about, but someone said you'll gain weight if you move there, is that true? Her relatives are hiking, diving, scuba-diving, surfing people, so we will be fairly active.
If you speak Japanese you should be able to get a job in the hospitality industry. The Spanish will do you no good whatsoever. If you're real lucky you can start off at about $10 an hour. If your friend can get a similar job you'll be able to get by, just barely, as long as you do not use the air conditioner very much.
The cost of living on Guam is very expensive, especially utilities.
Guam Fish Eye Scuba Diving(SHOTGUNS)-Guam Travel Taiwan
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]scuba guam[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="10"]scuba guam[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="10"]scuba guam[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment