Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Learning To Scuba Dive

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]
learning to scuba dive
Where should i go in Thailand if i want to learn to scuba dive & where would be the cheapest?



I spent six months living on Koh Tao when I was doing my scuba instructor course in 2004 and it was great... but the diving on the west coast of Thailand is much, much better. More marine life, more coral, much better visibility, the chance of seeing manta rays...

Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta are good backpacker options - much cheaper than Phuket which is crazily expensive these days. I've dived with www.godive-lanta.com several times and they are a great bunch of guys. Check their site for PADI Open Water course prices - (the course you need to do to learn to dive).

Alternatively, if you really want to see the good stuff, do a Similan Islands liveaboard for 4 days - the Similan Islands are renown as one of the best places to dive in the world, and definitely the best place to dive in Thailand. The course won't be as cheap because you have to pay for a liveaboard too, but you will have an amazing time and also you'll do a total of 13 dives, which means you'll feel super confident and well-practised in the water - much better than just the four dives you do during the OW course. Check out www.phuket-diving-safaris.com for Similan liveaboards.

I've also written more stuff about diving in Thailand on my own website www.divehappy.com if you want more info.

I'd definitely avoid Pattaya as a place to learn to dive - the viz is awful and there's so many jetskis it's pretty dangerous.

Have fun!


Learn to Scuba Dive Episode #3 - Annie Crawley Teaches SCUBA Diving









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="5"]learning to scuba dive[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="2"]learning to scuba dive[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment