Monday, 1 February 2010

Scuba Dive Training

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]
scuba dive training
How much should I pay for SCUBA equipment?

Some buddies and I are looking to take a 6 month dive master training expedition in Mexico. I already have mask, snorkel, gloves, boots, and fins...

But how much should I pay for
-BC
-wetsuit
-regulator
-dive computer.

Where should I shop?... Used vs. new? Ballpark prices?

Please share your thoughts.


I would avoid used unless you know the seller. Many scuba items need to have regular maintenance whether the diver completes the maintenance or a professional does it. Without being comfortable with the maintenance history, I would assume that they were poorly maintained.

BCD - about $500
Wetsuit - for a 3mm full suit, about $200
Regulator - for a first stage, two second stages, and a pressure gauge I would say about $1,000
Dive computer - depends on how fancy you get, but my wrist mounted one was about $300.

I would suggest buying the items from a dive shop. For the BCD and wetsuit, fit is everything. Plus, if you go to a dive shop looking to purchase all four items, they might be able to offer you a good package deal.


SCUBA diving training pool - deepest swimming pool in the wo









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="5"]scuba dive training[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="2"]scuba dive training[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment