How to get rid of this loneliness?
I'm in the military and stationed in Guam (tropical island in the pacific). I'm over 6000 miles from my friends and family back at home.
I've done many local things here, which includes clubbing, snorkeling, sightseeing, etc.
But I'm also working on a shift that barely lets me have my weekends off, so during the week while the friends I do have at work, I'm alone.
I bought an Xbox 360 to keep myself occupied, have an acoustic guitar I've been practicing on, but it's like even after you have done all these things, true happiness comes when it's shared with others.
Might you suggest I be with the people I work with? They are all almost over 21 so they're out drinking and partying, and hesitant to be around me because if rumors started we would all get in trouble.
If you were me, what would you do to get rid of this feeling?
I want to go skydiving, parasailing, ride mopeds around the island, etc. but again, nobody is really around to do that. Suggestions?
Hmmm I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way:( You must feel terribly lonely. If it makes you feel any better, even when a person is at home, many still feel lonely. Everyone feels lonely once in awhile, it's normal. Hmmm... is there anything you could do there to volunteer without pay and help the community? I think that this would provide you with some new friends, and ones that obviously care because they are helping others for free because they care. You could find new people to talk to and feel good helping other people. You have more of an impact than you think. Talking with someone gives you something to do and allows you to be less lonely, and the other people also feel good, and I think this could happen if you volunteer. Hmmm... this is really tough. I can only imagine if I were in your place. Also, keep in mind that life isn't all about drinking and such. Do you like art? Sounds kind of cheesy but you could draw pictures! Hmmm... if you're good at drawing people you could draw for little kids or something... I don't know! Haha. Oh! I know what you could do:) I remember your videos, they were awesome!! Make some new videos and show them to me, I'd love to give you reviews on them:D Ummmm by the way, I'm so jealous of all the things you've gotten to experience, like snorkeling. If you'd like, you could email me... becca_walowen@yahoo.com..... I'd love to hear about your experiences and what it's like over there in Guam:) And you could be at least a little less lonely. But then again, I'm sure you are very busy as it is. You'll be meeting people soon enough, just give it some time. Then you can invite them to come with you to do all those fun things you mentioned. Embrace the fact that you are on a tropical island!!!! This is a once in a lifetime experience!! Lucky you!
Kay take care, goodluck
~Becca
Kids snorkeling in Guam
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="10"]snorkeling guam[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="cj" results="10"]snorkeling guam[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="10"]snorkeling guam[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment